Enjoy the cultural and ecological diversity of the Colombian Pacific region. Have breathtaking views on the evergreen rain forest on a stunning flight in a small Cessna plane and enjoy the tropical coast line on the boat trip on the way to the idyllic beaches of Nuqui. Experience the incredible biodiversity of Choco for six days. Observe monkeys and toucans and hike through tropical jungle. Discover the unique mangrove forests in a traditional canoe and relax in the hot springs near the beach. Go snorkeling, surfing or diving* and learn about the traditional lifestyle of the local population. Swim in crystal clear waterfalls and enjoy endless sandy beaches. This trip is the perfect mixture of active and relaxing elements and guarantees an unforgettable Colombian experience.
*diving on previous request
Note: Whale season: July – October
Optional activity: Whale watching (when season)**
Day 1: From Medellin to the Pacific Coast of the Choco
On the first day of your trip you fly directly from Medellin to the Pacific coast. The flight with a small propeller plane which starts at the national airport right in the center of Medellín offers unforgettable views of the city and the pristine rainforest, tropical rivers, and unique wildlife and vegetation of Choco. After arriving in the small town of Nuqui you will travel by boat along the coast to the paradise like beach of Guachalito. In the charming family-run hotel Mar y Rio right at the beach you will spend the next few days. In the afternoon you can stroll along the sandy beaches or explore the rainforest which begins right behind your accommodation.
Day 2: Visiting hot springs in the jungle
Today you will take a guided hike along the beach and through the jungle to the peaceful settlement Termales. Here you will encounter a natural thermal spring of sulfurous water surrounded by tropical vegetation. The fresh river water is mixed with the hot water and diverted into a pool in the forest. In the afternoon you can relax at the beach in front of your room or explore the underwater world with mask and snorkel.
Day 3: Mangrove forests and Rio Coqui (Coqui River)
Today you will explore Rio Coqui and the mysterious mangrove forests of Choco. Accompanied by a local guide you will learn about the unique mangrove eco-system and their ecological significance. In the afternoon you will be guided through a jungle farm. Our guide explains how people use the rainforest, what they grow, and how they process their products.
Day 4: Beach day and walk to the waterfall Cascada del Amor
You will be able to spend the morning at your leisure. Relax on the beach or in a hammock, and watch the rich flora and fauna and the traditional life of local fishing families. One can also surf or snorkel. In the afternoon our local guide will lead you to the Cascada de Amor waterfall. After half an hour along the beach it takes about another 20 minutes on a jungle path in the forest to the idyllic waterfall with excellent bathing spots.
Day 5: Jungle hike and relaxing at a pristine river
The Colombian Pacific region is famous for its biodiversity. The tropical humid climate and the remoteness of Choco provide perfect conditions and incredible biodiversity. On the second to last day of your Choco trip you have the option of a longer hike through the jungle. An experienced local guide will take you deep into the rainforest in an area that is known for the variety of colorful tropical frogs.
Day 6: Trip back to Medellin
After breakfast you will return home. You will travel one last time by boat along the coast and enjoy the unique scenery of the Pacific beaches and tropical rainforest. After an hour you reach Nuquí and fly back to Medellin. As you look down on the evergreen rain forest of Colombia’s Choco you say goodbye and return to Medellin full of exotic memories.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comodity and safety the intinerary can be subject of changing.
**During whale season (July – November) we will offer whale watching optionally on one or serveral days of the trip.
- Unique views of the rain forest of the Colombian Pacific
- Whale watching (during season)
- Breathtaking boat trip to the beautiful beaches of Guachalito
- Endless sandy beaches
- Snorkeling in the colorful underwater world of the Pacific
- Surfing on picturesque pacific waves (optional)
- Hiking through the tropical rainforest to idyllic waterfalls
- Canoe trip through the mangroves unique to the Colombian Pacific
- Getting to know the daily life of the local fishing families
- Relaxing in hot springs surrounded by tropical vegetation
Prices & Conditions
- from 779 EUR pp
- Private transportation including pick-up service from your accommodation in Medellín to the airport and back
- Accommodation: 5x Nuqui – Posada Rio y Mar (single, double or twin rooms)
- Meals (breakfast 6x / 6 lunches / 5 dinners)
- Domestic flight Medellin – Nuqui / Nuquí – Medellin (40. Minutes)
- Transfer by boat Nuqui – Playa Guachalito / Playa Guachalito – Nuqui
- Guided hike to the hot springs (Termales)
- Guided hike to the waterfall Cascada de Amor
- Guided hike through the Nuqui rainforest (Choco)
- Snorkelling equipment
- Canoe trip on Rio Cogui
- Tourist tax in Nuquí
- Entrance thermal springs
- Multilingual guide (German / English / Spanish)
- Water, tea, coffee, fruit juices
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- on Request
- Individual group tour: All tours are made for individual booking. With 3, 4 or 5 individual bookings we will confirm the trip.
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip and can start at any date you want.