Take a journey through the famous coffee triangle to one of the most beautiful national parks of Colombia. Hike high in the Andean cloud forest of the Tatamá national park and discover hidden waterfalls surrounded by spectacular mountain scenery. Learn more about Colombian coffee culture firsthand and visit remote coffee villages where time seems to stand still. Enjoy the beauty of the coffee region of Colombia and the famous hot springs in Santa Rosa de Cabal.
Day 1: From Medellin into Colombia’s coffee region
Your journey begins with a scenic ride through the striking landscapes of the Colombian coffee zone – the „eje cafetero“. Passing by wide fertile valleys and green mountains you drive on the famous Pan-American Highway through the Southwest of Antioquia and Caldas to Risaralda. You visit the idyllic coffee village Riosucio and enjoy the hustle and bustle in the village square and regional market. In the late afternoon you reach the visitor center of the National Park Tatama where you are staying for the duration of the trip.
Day 2: Hike through the cloud forest in the national park Tatama
Today you hike with a park ranger in the cloud forests of the NP Tatama. The geographic position of the western Andes, an ancient plateau (Páramo), and the dense mountain forests make Tatama a retreat of many endemic animal and plant species. So far, 402 bird, 110 mammals and 108 species of reptiles and 564 different orchids have been recorded. The trek takes you to wild mountain rivers and amazing waterfalls. In the late afternoon you reach the visitor center where you spend the night.
Day 3: Explore the culture of the Colombian coffee region
In the morning you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the visitor’s center located high up in the green hills or visit an organic farm nearby. In the afternoon you will get a tour of the coffee village of Santuario, situated in a spectacular location on a narrow ridge. Visit the historical center, the coffee cooperative and the village museum. Back in the visitors center the park rangers explain more about their daily work. The last night is spent at the visitor’s center again.
Day 4: Santa Rosa de Cabal hot springs and return to Medellín
On the last day you relax at the famous hot springs in the quiet little town of Santa Rosa de Cabal, which is located near the foothills of Los Nevados National Park. They are considered to be the most beautiful hot springs in Colombia. Relax on this day in warm, bubbly water taking in the spectacular views of the waterfalls in front of you. In the late afternoon you go back home to Medellín, where you arrive in the evening hours.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comodity and safety the intinerary can be subject of changing.
- Explore the National Park Tatama – the “grandfather of the rivers”
- Get insight on the park rangers daily routine in the National Park
- Hike through pristine cloud forests and admire the waterfalls of Rio Tatama
- Immerse yourself in the world of the coffee region in Colombia and learn more about coffee and the daily life of the rural population
- Relax at Colombia’s most famous hot springs in Santa Rosa de Cabal
- Tour through small mountain villages surrounded by stunning natural scenery
- Experience a breathtaking journey through the picturesque mountain scenery of the coffee triangle in Colombia
Prices & Conditions
- from COP 620.000,- / USD 329,- (10 participants)
- Private transportation incl. pick-up-service
- Accommodations: 3 nights at the Visitor Center National Park Tatama (shared rooms)
- Meals (4x breakfast / 4x lunch / 3x dinner)
- Guided hike through the cloud forest of the national park Tatamá
- Entrance fee to the hot springs Santa Rosa de Cabal
- Multilingual guide (English / Spanish / German)
- Water, tea, coffee, fruit juices
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip and can start at any date you want.