Slightly more than 20 Years ago, Medellin was one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Back in the early 90s, hunting on the head of the Medellin cartel, Pablo Escobar, was at the the peak. The reign of “El Patrón”, who temporarily controlled more than 80 percent of global cocaine traffick and, according to Forbes Magazine, was one of the richest people in the world, was coming to its end.
Until the turn of the millennium, the struggles for the succession of Escobar continued, but since 2002, Medellin began to change. Intelligent local politicians began to invest heavily in infrastructure and in public education. With success. Today, the “City of Eternal Spring” is one of the most innovative metropoli in the world.
Join us on an exciting tour through the history and present of Medellin and learn more about the transformation of this fascinating metropolis.
- Visit the former house of Escobar, the Edificio Monaco, bombed by Cali-Cartel in 1988
- Visit the grave of Escobar
- Learn more about social implications of drugwar on Cementry San Pedro, where thousands of young hitmen are burried
- Learn more about the city´s transformation while using the innovative transport-system in the poorer neighborhoods
- Experience how people of Medellin think about the history of the city
Prices & Conditions
- Travel insurance
- multilingual guide (English / German / Spanish)
- tickets (Metro)
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Individual group tour: All tours are made for individual booking. With 3, 4 or 5 individual bookings we will confirm the trip.
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip and can start at any date you want.