Far from mass tourism, the Southwest of Antioquia is one of Colombia’s major coffee growing regions. Here you find the sleepy village of Jardin, nested into Andean hills with coffee and banana plantations, and the nature reserve La Cuchilla with its cloud forests and diverse flora and fauna sets the background for an impressive scenery. Jardin is famous for its colorful houses and balconies and the area around the well-known park has been declared a national monument.
Enjoy countrylife tradition and coffee culture in one of the most beautiful towns of the coffee region and experience a real coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
Day 1: From Medellin to Jardin, the Green Pearl of Antioquia
A scenic ride through the lush green mountains takes you into the coffee growing region of Antioquia’s Southwest. On the way to Jardin you will see the brightly painted Chivas (the traditional public buses of the region) at the square in the small town of Andes. The village tour starts at the museum Clara Rojas, where the history of the region comes to life. After tasting the award-winning sweets of Doña Mariela, you visit a coffee finca. A traditional cable car takes you to the other side of the valley and you enjoy a nice walk back to the village center. Spend the night in the idyllic finca hotel Kantarrana Casa de Campo and fall asleep listening to the babbling of the river.
Day 2: Visit of a traditional coffee farm
At the coffee finca Los Angeles you learn more about coffee. Here you can observe and will be explained the whole process from the cultivation of coffee plants to your cup of coffee. The farm is situated in an idyllic unique location and offers spectacular views over the endless green hills of the coffee zone of Antioquia. In the afternoon you return to Medellin and reach the hotel in the evening.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s commodity and safety the itinerary can be subject of changing.
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee culture and a coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
- Discover the beauty of the mountain village Jardin
- Enjoy scenic rides through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views
- Guided tour around the historic center of Jardin
- See the unique colorful painted Chivas in Andes
- Enjoy the famous sweets at Doña Mariela’s sweetshop
Prices & Conditions
- from COP 340.000,- / USD 187,00 $ pp (10 participants)
- Private transportation incl. Pick-up-service
- Accommodation in the charming finca-hostal Kantarrana Casa de Campo in Jardin (shared room / double room)
- Meals (2x breakfast / 2x lunch / 1x dinner)
- Guided tour through the village of Jardin
- Entrance fees (museum, cable car)
- Coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
- Multilingual guide (English / Spanish / German)
- Water, tea, coffee, fruit juices
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip and can start at any date you want.