Caribbean Coast: Guajira – Cabo de la Vela – Ocean & Desert
4 Days / 3 Nights
The Guajira peninsula located in the remote region of Northeast-Colombia is another unique destination on Colombia’s Caribbean coast. The region is full of contrasts ranging from sea to desert, desertic vegetation and green oasis. It is the home of the indigenous tribe Wayuu and their impressive culture – the children of earth and rain. The Guajira peninsula is where reality merges with fantasy and every day it offers different colours and magic moments for the visitors. The beautiful Guajira peninsula represents the geographical north of South America and will amaze its visitors with exotic beaches, sand dunes and fantastic sunsets. Explore the stunning region in just three days and experience the unique culture of the Wayuu indigenous and enjoy some of the best beaches of Colombia. Experience the contrasts of the Caribbean sea and the magic tranquil desert.
- Explore the Guajira peninsula in a 4×4 jeep
- Discover some of the best beaches of Colombia
- Enjoy the never ending variety of colours and the unique setting between desert and sea
- Visit the most important salt mine and learn about artisanal production of salt
- Get to know the culture of the Wayuu indigenous
*Can be subject to change
- Duration: 3 days
- Travel destination: Caribbean Coast
- Starting point: Riohacha
- Departure: daily on request
Day 1: The salt fields & Cabo de la Vela
In the morning you will travel from the Guajira capital Riohacha to the busy village of Uribia, located in the northern desert. The tour continues to the salt fields of Manaure where you will gain an insight into the industrial and artisanal salt production. After lunch you will continue towards the tiny settlement Cabo de la Vela located along a wide sandy Caribbean beach. After check-in at your accommodation you will visit the “Ojo de Agua” beach and enjoy the sunset from the local lighthouse before you return to your hotel.
Day 2: Exploring the Guajira
After breakfast you will start the day visiting the “Pilon de Azucar“ beach where you will have free time to go swimming. Later you climb up to the highest viewpoint of the region where the stunning view and the unique contrast between the desert and the Caribbean sea will overwhelm you. Spend the afternoon as you wish at the beach or explore the area on your own.
Day 3: Back to Riohacha
Spend the morning on the unique beaches in front of your hotel and enjoy the silence of the Guajira desert before heading back to Riohacha.
- Activities (as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Private transport and pick-up-service in Riohacha
- Bilingual attendance
- Accommodation (2 nights – double room)
- Meals (as mentioned in the itinerary)
- Entrance fee to the salt fields in Manaure
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!