City Tour Medellín – History of Transformation
Following the footsteps of Medellín’s history back in time about 20 years, we’ll find ourselves in one of the most dangerous cities in the world. In the early 90s, hunting on the drug lord Pablo Escobar, the head of Medellín’s drug cartel, was at its peak. When the reign of “El Patrón” finally came to an end, struggles and fights for his succession started.
In 2002, however, the city began to undergo a deep transformation. Local politicians gave it a try and started to invest in infrastructure and public education. The city is still reaping the rich rewards today. Medellín has turned into one of the most innovative metropolises worldwide.
Make your Medellín travel experience even better and time travel through it’s history and present in order to learn more about the transformation of the fascinating “City of Eternal Spring”. If your wondering what to do in Medellín, this tour is the answer. You’ll discover stories about its past by visiting the most important places marked by historical events. After having listened to the stories while exploring the city, you are going to look at Medellín from a different perspective.
Read what travel-bloggers wrote about this tour:
“This is not a Pablo Escobar Tour” (by Rob Danks)
“Medellin Tour: History of Transformation” (by David Lee, Medellin Living)
- Learn more about the city’s transformation after the death of Pablo Escobar
- Get to know the innovative transport-system in the poorer neighborhoods at fist hand
- Explore Medellin’s newest invention: the electric stairways of the district Comuna 13
- Listen to Medellín’s dwellers sharing their opinion about the history of the city
*Can be subject to change
- Duration: half day city tour
- Travel destination: Medellin – Antioquia
- Starting point: pick up service at or close to your place in Medellin*
- Bilingual guide
- Departure: daily on request
*Only if booking private transport
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual guided tour
- Pick-up service at the hotel(if booking private transport)
- Private & public transport
- Coffee break
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!