Fredonia – Coffee, Gold & Finca Time
In Medellin the Coffee region starts just outside of the city with green valleys, mountains, rivers and idyllic villages. This 2-day tour takes into the breath taking Cauca Valley – a fertile region with small traditional villages where time seems to stand still. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of the lush green highlands full of exotic fruits and coffee plantations. Learn more about coffee production from the coffee tree to your cup. Participate processing the coffee beans and roast your own coffee. Meet traditional gold miners and get an insight on gold washing at the Cauca River banks.
- Experience the Colombian peasant culture
- Visit a traditional Colombian coffee farm
- Learn more about coffee growing and processing
- Enjoy delicious typical Colombian food
- Meet artisanal gold miners at the Cauca River
- Relax at a charming finca hotel surrounded by green hills
- Duration: 2 days
- Travel destination: Fredonia
- Starting point: pick up service at or close to your place in Medellin
- Departure: daily on request
Day 1: Colombian Coffee Culture
A scenic ride through lush green mountains takes you into the coffee region of Antioquia´s Southwest. After two hours you reach the idyllic Andean village of Fredonia located high up in the hills surrounded by coffee- and fruit plantations. On less than three hectares Don Octavio Acevedo and his family produce their own coffee brand and give us the unique opportunity to observe the whole coffee processing from the plant to the cup. Before lunch you stroll through the coffee fields learning more about growing and collecting the coffee beans. After a traditional countryside lunch you get an insight of the roasting process and furthermore about the best way to prepare the coffee.
Afterwards you travel to a charming family run Finca Hotel located in the surroundings of Fredonia where you get a delicious dinner and spend the night.
Day 2: Finca time and Cauca River Valley
After a typical Colombian breakfast you can either enjoy the comfortable facilities of the Finca Hotel relaxing at the swimming pool, the Jacuzzi or the steam bath, explore the fruit- and avocado trees cultivated in the park area around the finca or just enjoy some leisure time in the hammocks. Those interested in activities receive a packed lunch and can join us on a ride down to the Cauca River Valley where you pass by some of the most impressive viewpoints of the region. At the Cauca River you meet traditional gold miners who show us more about their daily work at the riverbanks. In the afternoon we pick up the others at the finca hotel and return to Medellin where you arrive in the early afternoon.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
- Travel Insurance
- Private Transport & pick up service at your hotel
- Bilingual attendance
- Coffee-Tour “…from the plant to your cup!”
- Meals (1 x breakfast, 2 x lunch, 1 x dinner)
- Juices, water, coffee (at the coffee farm & the finca hotel)
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!