Guatapé & Piedra del Peñol
The Peñol Boulder is one of the most spectacular destinations in the surrounding area of Medellín. The 200 meter high monolith can be climbed through a staircase of 740 steps. Enjoy breathtaking views over the stunning surroundings full of green mountains and blue lakes. The village of Guatapé is famous for its church and its beautiful, colourful paintings that decorate the houses of the village. The climate in Guatapé is pleasantly warm.
Join us on a scenic drive through the eastern highlands of Antioquia. You can climb the Peñol Boulder, enjoy a delicious typical Colombian lunch on the waterfront of the Guatapé lake-reservoir, explore the lake on a boat ride and take time to stroll and relax.
- Climb the Peñol Boulder and enjoy breath taking views
- Explore the lake on a boat ride
- Scenic drive through the Eastern highlands of Antioquia
- Enjoy the laid-back village lifestyle and a stroll along the charming waterfront of the Guatapé reservoir
- Duration: 1 day
- Travel destination: Antioquia
- Starting point: pick-up service at or close to your place in Medellin*
- Bilingual guide
- Departure: daily on request
*Only if booking private transport
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual guided tour
- Private transportation including pick-up service
- Entrance fee to the Peñol Boulder
- Boat ride on the lake
- Traditional lunch
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!