Hacienda Napoles & Rio Claro Nature Reserve
2 Days / 1 Night
This tour combines the rich history of Medellín with outdoor activities in the fascinating landscape of the mountains of the Eastern Andes. Visit the famous Hacienda Napoles in the tropical lowlands of the Magdalena Medio in the department of Antioquia. This place was where Pablo Escobar, the famous drug baron, had his residence. Nowadays, it is one of the biggest amusement parks in the country. You will spend the night and the second day at the Eco-Lodge in the Rio Claro nature reserve. Rio Claro has been voted the most beautiful river in Colombia. Its crystal clear water and the riverbed of marble meander through the narrow canyon surrounded by the tropical jungle. Enjoy the exciting outdoor activities like caving, hiking, zip-lining, rafting, rock climbing, and bird watching.
- Visit the famous Hacienda Napoles – Pablo Escobar’s former residence
- Visit the Escobar Museum
- Experience the most popular amusement park in Colombia
- Discover the tropical jungle and the crystal clear water of the Rio Claro
- Stay in comfortable rooms surrounded by tropical rain forest
- Explore the caves of the Rio Claro Canyon
- Enjoy zip-lining or other outdoor activities in the surrounding rain forest
- Duration: 2 days
- Travel destination: Coffee Region – Rio Claro
- Starting point: pick-up service at or close to your place in Medellin
- Bilingual guide
- Departure: daily on request
*Only if booking private transport
Day 1: Pablo Escobar’s Hacienda Napoles
Early in the morning, you leave Medellin and ride through the lush green valleys of Antioquia’s eastern highlands. Before midday you will delve into the bizarre world of the Hacienda Napoles. Besides the fun at the theme park, you have the opportunity to learn about Pablo Escobar’s life. In the evening you reach the private nature reserve Rio Claro and enjoy the pristine waters and natural pools. Spend the night at the Eco-Lodge El Refugio surrounded by tropical forest and the Rio Claro River.
Day 2: Nature Reserve Rio Claro
On the second day you explore the natural caves of the Rio Claro Nature Reserve. Hike through the underworld of the Eastern Andes with an experienced guide. Indulge in the nature of the beautiful canyons surrounding Rio Claro. Afterwards you have plenty of time to relax on the stunning beaches of the Claro River. In the afternoon you can enjoy zip-lining across the river. We will return to Medellin in the evening.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual guided tour
- Private transportation including pick-up service
- Comfortable accommodation at the Rio Claro Eco-Hotel El Refugio
- Meals (1x breakfast / 2x lunch / 1x dinner)
- Caving in Rio Claro
- Zip-lining in Rio Claro
- Entrance fees to Hacienda Napoles and the Nature Reserve Rio Claro
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!