Jardin – Nature Experience
Southwest Antioquia – full of green valleys, mountains and rivers – represents one of the most beautiful Colombian regions. Far from mass tourism, it is one of the major coffee growing regions in the country. Discover hidden waterfalls, mysterious cloud forests and get in touch with the pristine world of idyllic mountain villages where time seems to stand still. Visit Jardin – Antioquia, considered the most beautiful village of the department, and the famous Esplendor cave surrounded by a cloud forest.
- Visit the nature reserves Farallones de Citara and La Cuchilla
- Swim in crystal clear rivers and waterfalls in Jardin and Taparto
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee village culture
- Discover the beauty of the mountain villages Jardin and Taparto
- Ride on a horseback and Eco-hike through the cloud forest of Antioquia’s Southwest
- Enjoy a scenic ride through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views
- Enjoy the famous sweets at Doña Mariela’s sweetshop
- Duration: 2 days
- Travel destination: Antioquia
- Starting point: pick up service at or close to your place in Medellin
- Departure: daily on request
Day 1: From Medellin to the waterfalls in Taparto and Jardin
Passing by lush green mountains we take you to the village of Taparto in the coffee region of Antioquia’s southwest. On a dirt road to the nature reserve Farallones de Citará you arrive at the waterfalls of Taparto. On the way to Jardin you will see the brightly painted Chivas (the traditional public buses of the region) at the main square of this Andean small town. Jardin is surrounded by hills with coffee and banana plantations. You can see the nature reserve La Cuchilla with its cloud forests and diverse flora and fauna in the background making the scenery very impressive. Spend the night in an idyllic hotel in the historic centre of Jardin.
Day 2: Excursion to the El Esplendor cave
In the early morning you hike, or ride on a horseback, through the nature reserve La Cuchilla to the famous cave El Esplendor. Passing by the typical coffee farms of the region the cave can be reached in about two hours. This place is exceptionally beautiful. You can swim in the natural pool that is surrounded by impressive tropical vegetation. After eating lunch next to the waterfall you return to Jardin in the late afternoon. In the early evening we are back in Medellin.
*In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Accommodation (hotel in Jardin)
- Meals (1x breakfast / 2x lunch / 1x dinner)
- Tour through the village of Jardin
- Hike to the waterfalls Chorros de Taparto
- Eco-hike or horseback ride to the Esplendor cave
- Walking tour through the nature reserve La Cuchilla in Jardin
- Bilingual attendance
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!