Jardin – Tradition & Coffee Culture
2 Days / 1 Night
The Southwest of Antioquia is one of Colombia’s major coffee growing regions. Here you find the enchanting village of Jardin, nested into Andean hills. Coffee and banana plantations, and the nature reserve La Cuchilla with its cloud forests and diverse flora and fauna sets the background for an impressive scenery. Jardin is known for its colorful houses and balconies and the area around the main plaza has been declared a national monument.
Enjoy country life tradition and coffee culture in one of the most beautiful towns of the coffee region and experience a real coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
- Experience the unique Colombian coffee culture and a coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
- Discover the beauty of the mountain village Jardin
- Enjoy scenic rides through stunning landscapes with breathtaking views
- Guided tour around the historic center of Jardin
- Enjoy the famous sweets at Doña Mariela’s sweetshop
- See the unique colorful painted Chivas in Andes
- Duration: 2 days
- Travel destination: Jardin Colombia
- Starting point: pick up service at or close to your place in Medellin
- Departure: daily on request
Day 1: From Medellin to Jardin
A scenic ride through the lush green mountains takes you into the coffee growing region of Antioquia’s Southwest. On the way to Jardin you will see the brightly painted Chivas (the traditional public buses of the region) at the main square in the small town of Andes. The village tour starts at the museum Clara Rojas, where the history of the region comes to life. After tasting the award-winning sweets of Doña Mariela, a traditional cable car takes you to the other side of the valley. Afterwards, enjoy a nice walk back to the village centre and spend the night in an idyllic hotel in the historic centre of Jardin.
Day 2: Visit of a traditional coffee farm
At the coffee finca Los Angeles you learn more about coffee. Here you will understand the entire coffee process: from the cultivation to your cup. The farm is situated in an idyllic unique location and offers spectacular views over the endless green hills of the coffee zone of Antioquia. Later in the afternoon you return to Medellin and reach the hotel in the evening.
- Private transportation incl. Pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation (hotel in Jardin)
- Meals (1x breakfast / 2x lunch / 1x dinner)
- Tour of the village of Jardin
- Coffee tour “…from the bush to your cup!”
- Entrance fees (museum, cable car)
- Bilingual attendance
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!