Flower Festival Tour
The small village of Santa Elena, located less than an hour outside of Medellin in the mountains of Antioquia, is home to a great variety of flowers. Local farmers grow orchids and many other flowers to elaborate beautiful flower arrangements for the traditional Flower Festival Medellín (“Feria de las Flores”). The flower farmers in Santa Elena are proud that her handicraft is a cultural symbol of the yearly flower festival. Join us on the Medellin Flower Festival Tour, observe the flower diversity and experience the traditional peasant culture of Santa Elena.
- Visit the idyllic town Santa Elena and meet traditional flower farmers (“Silleteros”)
- Enjoy breath-taking views over the valley of Medellín
- Visit an organic flower farm and learn about the “Medellin Flower Festival”
- Meet local farmers and get to know their way of life in balance with nature
*Can be subject to change
- Duration: half day city tour
- Travel destination: Medellin – Antioquia
- Starting point: pick up service at or close to your place in Medellin*
- Bilingual guide
- Departure: daily on request
*Only if booking private transport
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual guided tour
- Pick-up service at the hotel(if booking private transport)
- Public & private transport
- Visit at a traditional flower farm
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!