Chocolate Production in Colombia – Workshop “Make your own chocolate”
This unique day trip takes you deep into the eastern highlands of Antioquia. The idyllic village of San Francisco with its pristine rivers and sub-tropical climate is perfect for cacao growing. Visit a community chocolate project and learn everything about cacao production. You even get the chance to make your own chocolate. The artisanal chocolate production is coordinated by local women and combines the conservation of endemic tropical forests with sustainable agriculture.
- Enjoy the beautiful eastern highlands of Antioquia
- Get closer to Colombia’s rural soul
- Visit a traditional Colombian cacao farm
- Support a community based project and protect the fragile eco-system
- Experience a Chocolate Workshop and make your own chocolate
- Swim in the waterfalls of Pailania
- Duration: 1 day
- Travel destination: Antioquia
- Starting point: pick-up service at or close to your place in Medellin
- Bilingual guide
- Departure: daily on request
- Travel insurance
- Bilingual guided tour
- Private transportation including pick-up service
- Cacao-Tour – “Make your own chocolate”
- Typical Colombian lunch
- Personal expenses
- Activities not mentioned in the program
- Please book at least 24 hours in advance
- Customize your trip: Add this tour to your Colombia-Roundtrip
- Private trip: You can book any tour as a private trip starting any day you want.
- Want any changes to this program and create your personalized tour? Feel free to contact us!