- Experience gourmet chocolate workshop
- Get to know the process of cocoa from the seed to the final chocolate bar.
- Discover the lush green highlands of Antioquia
- Get unique insights of the history of chocolate in Latin America
Colombia is one of the biggest producers of chocolate of the world and Colombian chocolate is considering a high-quality product. Nearly the whole cocoa production exported is classified as “Fine Flavour”. While coffee is known as the most typical Colombian product it is in fact relatively new in Latin America. Cocoa is an even more traditional agricultural product of Colombia. Chocolate comes from Latin America and the cocoa tree is a native plant. Chocolate played an important role in the daily culture of the region. Back in pre-Colombian times, the indigenous tribes believed that cocoa comes straight from the gods and cocoa seeds were used as a currency for trade. Also, did they use chocolate drinks during religious ceremonies. Nowadays hot chocolate is served with every breakfast in Colombia.
Experience a chocolate workshop on an organic cacao farm outside of Medellín. Enjoy the unique atmosphere of the lush green highlands full of exotic fruits and tropical birds. Learn more about chocolate production and pick up the basics of chocolate making. Obtain insights on the history of chocolate before making your own chocolate.
- Travel insurance
- Private transport (Pick-up & Drop-off service at the accommodation)
- Private expert guide (English or Spanish)
- Exclusive chocolate workshop
- Bottle of water (350 ml)
- Palenque Social Impact
- Services not mentioned in the programm
- Tips to driver/guide
- Alcoholic beverages
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: email@example.com
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price