- Explore the history of Medellin
- See the most important sights of the City of the Eternal Spring
- Visit the biggest orchid collection of Colombia
- Drive through the lush landscape of Colombia’s Coffee region
- Visit a traditional coffee finca
- Learn about the process of coffee production
- Taste the world famous Colombian coffee
- Walk through the Cocora Valley and see the impressive wax palms
This tour combines the bustling metropolis of Medellín with a unique experience in the fascinating coffee region of Colombia. Explore the history and development of Latin America’s most innovative city and ride through the lush green landscape of Colombia through the hills of the Andes. Explore the coffee traditions of the country, try a delicious hot cup, and walk through the impressive wax palm forests of the Cocora Valley.
Day 1: Medellín City Tour
Explore the “City of Eternal Spring”, Medellin, in just 4 hours. Visit downtown Medellin and listen to local musicians while visiting the Parque Berrio. Stroll through the hustle and bustle of the city centre to the famous Botero Plaza with an exhibition of the Colombian artist Fernando Botero. Take the Metro Cable up to Santo Domingo, which was once a notorious area of gang violence in Medellin. The cable car was constructed to make the inner city more accessible to people from the outskirts and allows visitors a glimpse into the lives of the marginalized population. Learn more about the transformation of Medellin from one of the most dangerous cities in the world into a fascinating melting pot of cultures.
Day 2: From Medellín to the Coffee Region & Visit of an Orchid Farm (B, L)
In the morning we leave the city of Medellín and make our way to the coffee region of Colombia. Driving through the lush hills for about four hours we reach the charming finca of orchids. Explore the biggest private orchid collection of Colombia. The owners dedicated their lives to collect and cultivate an immense variety of orchids. Walkthrough the beautiful garden passing native forests and enjoy a traditional lunch before we continue our journey. After about two more hours we reach our hotel in the coffee region.
Day 3: Coffee & Barista Workshop La Morelia (B)
Immerse yourself in the interesting history of the Colombian coffee culture. Explore the coffee plantation, get to know the numerous types and the variety of Colombian coffee, and visit cultural laboratories. Observe the different steps of coffee production. In the end, try the delicious hot drink during a coffee tasting and learn how to prepare an excellent cup of coffee during professional a barista workshop.
Day 4: Cocora Valley & Salento (B, L)
Today you travel to Salento, the oldest municipality of the coffee region, famous for the charming traditional architecture and beautiful handicrafts. Discover the village and learn more about coffee in the Café of Jesus Martin. Try some of the coffee specialties and a delicious piece of cake before we continue to the famous Cocora Valley. Walkthrough this lush valley and admire the impressive wax palms. The hilly landscape full of tall, slim palms is an unforgettable sight.
- Travel Insurance
- Pick-Up Service at your hotel & private transport
- Meals (3x breakfast, 2x lunch)
- Bilingual attendance
- Guided city tour in Medellín
- Visit of an Orchid Farm
- Visit of a traditional coffee finca
- Coffee tasting & barista workshop
- Guided hike in the Cocora Valley
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price