- Spend a night in a treehouse
- Meet local communities and learn about life in the jungle
- Enjoy nature hikes through the dense jungle
- Go canoeing on the Loretoyacu River
- See the impressive Amazon River
- Explore the Brazilian town of Tabatinga
- Visit a local street market in Leticia
- Observe the thousands of parrots in Santander Park
Explore the fascinating Amazon rainforest on this tour and live a true nature experience. On this adventure, spend the first night in a treehouse, listening to the magical sounds of the nocturnal jungle. Visit an indigenous Ticuna community and learn about their lifestyle in the Amazon. Discover the green village of Colombia, Puerto Nariño, and learn about the rich wildlife of this region.
Try to spot some exotic pink dolphins in the Tarapoto Lakes before you explore Tabatinga, a Brazilian town on the border to Colombia. Finish your visit to beautiful Leticia and watch the hundreds of parrots above the bird park. Don’t miss this exotic nature adventure!
Day 1: Leticia – Night in a treehouse (L, D)
Welcome to Leticia, a small town in the Colombian Amazon region. After lunch, we drive through the rich vegetation towards Omagua or the Tanimboca Reserve (depending on availability). Here you will move into your tree house. Later, visit Maloca Huitoto, the typical living and social space of the indigenous Huitoto people. Meet the community and learn about their interesting culture. After dinner, go to sleep in your tree house and listen to the wildlife and jungle sounds in the night.
Accommodation: Tree house in the Amazon
Day 2: Jungle Hike, Local Community Experience and Puerto Nariño (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we visit the indigenous Mocagua Community. Enjoy a hike through the dense jungle and take the chance to interact with the locals. Afterward, we continue towards Puerto Nariño by boat. Go on a canoeing tour across the Loretoyacu river. Floating on the river in the silent canoes you can perfectly observe the abundant flora and fauna of the Amazon. You will spend the night in a jungle lodge in Calanoa.
Accommodation: Calanoa Jungle Lodge
Day 3: Puerto Nariño, Natatuma Foundation and Pink Dolphins (B, L, D)
Today we explore the town of Puerto Nariño. On a walk through this small village, you will get to know the Natutama Foundation, dedicated to the education and conservation of the Amazon Communities. Enjoy a typical Amazonian lunch in the village before we continue to the Tarapoto Lakes. These lakes are famous for their dolphin population, and if you are lucky you can even spot one of the pink Amazon river dolphins.
Accommodation: Calanoa Jungle Lodge
Day 4: Speedboat to Marasha, exploring Tabatinga and Leticia (B, L, D)
In the morning depart in a speedboat to the Nature Reserve Marasha. After a jungle hike (about 45min), get to a beautiful spot where you can relax or enjoy some free time for exciting activities like kayaking or Piranha fishing. Later, we continue towards Tabatinga, a town located in the Brazilian Amazon on the border with Colombia. Visit the “Casa del Chocolate” (the Chocolate House). Back in Colombia, we visit the town of Leticia to explore the street market, the local medicine plant pharmacy, and the famous Santander Park, where you can watch and listen to hundreds and thousands of parrots every evening.
Accommodation: Hotel Waira****
Day 5: Departure from the Amazon (B)
After breakfast, we will transfer you to the airport to take your flight back out.
- Travel Insurance
- Pick-Up Service at your hotel & private transport
- Partly fluvial transportation (shared speedboat)
- Accommodation (tree house and hotels)
- Meals (4x breakfast, 4x lunch, 4x dinner)
- Environmental guide
- Entrance to the reserves, foundations, and communities
- Visit the Tarapoto Lakes to observe pink dolphins
- Visit the Marasha Natural Reserve
- City tour in Leticia y Tabaringa
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price