- Visit the indigenous capital of Colombia
- Learn about the industrial and artisanal salt mines of La Guajira
- Meet the indigenous Ipuana Clan in Cabo de la Vela
- Enjoy the views from Cerro Kamaichi
- Climb the Dunes of Taroa
- Cross the desert landscape of the peninsula
- Visit the northernmost point of South America in Punta Gallinas
- Relax at the wide beaches of La Guajira
The Guajira Peninsula is Colombia’s northernmost point. The dry and hot desert climate has kept it largely isolated, which is why La Guajira remains one of these special places where travelers still feel off the beaten track.
Explore the endless beaches hidden behind immense dunes, get to know local communities and their semi-nomadic way of life in the desert, and visit remote fishing villages embedded into a landscape of sand.
Day 1: The Indigenous Capital of Colombia, Salt Mines and Cabo de la Vela (B, L, D)
Early in the morning we will start our tour towards Uribia. Explore the “indigenous capital of Colombia” on a short city tour and enjoy breakfast in a local restaurant. Later visit the industrial and artisanal salt mines of the region, which play a great role in the local economy. We continue the route towards Cabo de la Vela, where we have lunch. In the afternoon meet the Ipuana Clan, take a walk with their representative, and learn about their agriculture-based lifestyle, their perspective on tourism, and their sacred place. You can enjoy the view from Cerro Kamaichi before you arrive at the lighthouse of Cabo de la Vela to watch the sunset. Spend the night at a typical guesthouse.
Accommodation: Rancheria Utta
Day 2: Dunes of Taroa, Punta Gallinas, and the Northernmost Lighthouse of South America (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we leave for Punta Gallinas. On the way, we cross the desert and stop at the Dunes of Taroa, where we take a walk up the dunes and along the beach. Later, we visit the northernmost point of South America, where a symbolic lighthouse was constructed. After lunch explore Punta Agujas and enjoy some time at the beach.
Accommodation: Hospedaje Alexandra
Day 3: Beach time in Mayapo (B, L)
In the morning we leave Punta Gallinas. We will stop in Mayapo where you can relax at the beach, try some watersports or enjoy a massage. After lunch, you can enjoy some more beach time before we return to Riohacha.
- Travel Insurance
- Bilingual Attendance
- Pick-Up Service at your hotel & private transport
- Accommodation (guesthouses)
- Meals (3x breakfast/ 3x lunch/ 2x dinner)
- City tour Uribia
- Meetings with the local communities
- Optional activity: watersport or massage
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: email@example.com
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price