- Enjoy an unforgettable safari through the lowlands on 4×4 or horse
- Experience a day as a local cowboy on the cattle ranch
- Explore the lowlands at night and spot some night active wildlife
- Capture the numerous species of birds and animals that surround the Eco Hotel
- Get enchanted by the traditional llanero songs and listen to the myth and legends of the region
If you are into wildlife, this is the perfect tour for you! Nowhere else in Colombia you have the chance to see so many different animals and numerous colourful birds! Learn more about this stunning ecosystem of the lowlands and how the cattle farms coexist here. Become and insight about the local llanero cowboy culture with its beautiful songs and traditions. Enjoy the most impressive sunsets with hundreds of colourful birds coming to rest. Explore the night active wildlife and watch the millions of stars that shine so bright in these endless lowlands.
Day 1: Exploring the lowlands (L, D)
Travel in the morning from Yopal to the Eco hotel, enjoying the scenery and the animals that you can spot on the roadside. At the Eco Hotel, you will be welcomed with a typical Llanero meal. In the afternoon we will do a small tour by boat, from where we can enjoy the stunning sunset. It’s the perfect time to observe birds and other wildlife from the area. At night we will learn more about the fauna and flora of the lowlands and see some photos of the cameras traps, which captured images of some of the animals that are hard to spot on safari, as the puma and jaguar.
Day 2: On Safari by horse or 4×4 (B, L, D)
After breakfast, we travel about an hour and a half through the beautiful nature in order to meet the herd of the Aurora Ranch. Here we can observe a model of extensive livestock that coexists in perfect harmony between wildlife, vegetation, and the herd, without exploiting these natural pastures. On our tour, we can spot white-tailed deer, alligators, wild horses, wild pigs, a good amount of birds like the, and countless other surprises. We will get an insight into the daily life of a llanero cowboy and learn about different techniques and elements used in this traditional labor. After a traditional lunch, we will return to the hotel and rest in the afternoon. At dusk, we will go out to find some nocturnal fauna. After dinner, if you like, there will be an explanation and demonstration of llanera Harps, poems, and traditional folk songs besides the campfire.
Day 3: A day as a cowboy or all about plants and animals (B, L, D)
Today you get the chance to become a cowboy for one day and help the locals to gather the stock and bring them to the corral. Or, if you are not that much into the cowboy life, you can go on a tour around the ranch, learning more about a variety of plants and some of their medicinal uses. Most certainly you will find many species of birds that inhabitant these forests, and maybe as well see the howler monkeys. Today we have to catch or lunch with the help of the locals in the rivers of El Toro, El Indio, or Rio Chire, which a good fishing spots. In the afternoon we return to the Eco Hotel and relax the rest of the evening.
Day 4: Leaving paradise (B)
After breakfast, we will have a little time to say goodbye to this impressive landscape in a short walk around, before we start our travel back.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Boatride through the lowlands
- Accommodation ( Hotel in La Aurora)
- Meals (3x breakfast/ 3x lunch / 3x dinner)
- Safari on 4×4 or horse
- Nocturnal tour
- Experience a day like a local cowboy
- Tour to learn more about plants and their uses
- Water & Snacks
- Bilingual attendance
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: email@example.com
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price