- Explore the “White City” of Colombia
- Visit of the indigenous market in Silvia (only Tuesdays)
- Walk through one of the most beautiful colonial centers of Latin America
- Hike in the National Park Purace
- Hot springs and waterfalls in the Puracé National Park
- Discover the rich fauna of the Andean region
Discover the magic of the “White City” and hike through one of Colombia’s most beautiful national parks! In Popayan, also known as the “White City” due to its houses with white facades and many magnificent churches you will explore the historic center considered as one of the most beautiful and best preserved ones in Latin America. Since colonial times, Popayan has been the religious center on the road from Cartagena to Quito in Ecuador. It was home to many poets, presidents, and writers from Colombia.
During your hike within a unique flora and fauna in the National Park Pucaré, you will have the opportunity to enjoy the hot springs of this volcanic landscape. The National Park is about 2500 to 4800 about sea level and is home of the unique “frailejones” and about 200 different orchids. If you are lucky you can even admire the majestic Condor.
Day 1: Arrival in Popayan
Arrival at the airport of Popayán and transfer to the Hotel. In the afternoon you will learn about the history and the importance of Popayan since the colonial time. The city was founded in 1537, and was once one of the most important cities of Colombia, due to its strategic location on the way to Quito, Ecuador. Popayan has a lot of cultural treasures to offer, from beautiful churches to colonial architecture. One highlight is the famous white house facades.
Day 2: Hiking in the Puracé National Park (B)
Early in the morning you will start your half an hour ride to the beautiful Puracé National Park. Enjoy hiking through the amazing landscapes of the Andes and try to spot one of the majestic condors. You will be astonished by volcanoes, many lakes, unusual flora and fauna, and a friendly Indian population. In the afternoon you can relax in one of numerous sulfur hot springs before returning to Popayan.
Day 3: Leaving Popayan (B)
After breakfast, you leave Popayan to your next destination.
- Travel Insurance
- Pick-Up Service from your hotel & Private transport
- Bilingual guide
- Meals (2x breakfast)
- Entrance fees
- City Tour in Popayan
- Guided Hike in the Puracé National Park
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price