- Hike through Andean cloud forests in the “San Antonio” nature reserve
- Hike on pre-Colombian paths and discover indigenous petroglyphs
- Enjoy the Paisa culture of Southwest Antioquia’s villages
- Experience breath-taking views over beautiful Colombian landscapes
- Visit a traditional coffee farm
- Enjoy the unbelievable hospitality of the rural Colombians
- Be accommodated at a charming hotel in Támesis
This tour takes you to the green balcony of Medellín’s coffee region located above the Cauca River valley. Enjoy the scenic landscape and be mesmerized by impressive views over the Cauca Valley in the colonial mountain village Támesis, surrounded by coffee and banana plantations. Hike on pre-Hispanic stone paths into the protected area of “San Antonio” with its caves, falls, and cloud forests full of orchids, bromeliads, and other exotic plants as well as countless colorful tropical birds. Discover pre-Hispanic petroglyphs and other archaeological troves. Visit traditional coffee plantations and enjoy the unbelievable hospitality of people in Southwest Antioquia.
Day 1: Colombian coffee farm experience (L, D)
From Medellín you drive to the tiny village of Fredonia where you experience the Paisa culture first-hand.
On less than three hectares Don Octavio Acevedo and his family produce their own coffee brand. Before lunch you stroll through the coffee fields learning more about growing and collecting the coffee beans. After a traditional countryside lunch you get an insight of the roasting process and furthermore about the best way to prepare the coffee. Through amazing landscapes you go down to the valley of the Cauca River to the idyllic mountain village of Támesis, where you spend the night.
Day 2: Hike in the Cloud Forest of the “San Antonio” Nature Reserve (B, L, D)
On this day you go hiking through the mysterious cloud forests of the “San Antonio” nature reserve which is located in the mountains above Támesis. A pre-Hispanic stone path will take you higher and higher into the impressive mountain rain forest. A guide familiar with the place will show you waterfalls hidden within the rocks, underground rivers, caves, and the most spectacular viewpoints. In the late afternoon return to the village of Támesis.
Day 3: Pre-Hispanic Petroglyph Tour (B, L)
In the morning a guide will lead you through a tour of the surroundings of Támesis to visit the archaeological sites in the region. Támesis is known as one of the places with the greatest density of indigenous pre-Hispanic petroglyphs in Colombia. Observe different types of petroglyphs and learn some of their meanings. Later on, you return to Medellín.
- Private transportation incl. pick-up service
- Travel insurance
- Accommodation: 2x in Támesis
- Meals (2x breakfast / 3x lunch / 2x dinner)
- Entrance fee to the Historic Museum in Támesis
- Tour to pre-Hispanic petroglyphs in Támesis
- Hike in the “San Antonio” nature reserve
- Visit of an organic coffee farm + Coffee Tour “…from the plant to the cup!”
- Bilingual attendance
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
In case of unforeseen circumstances and to assure the passenger’s comfort and safety the itinerary might be subject of change.
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price