- Get to know the history of Pablo Escobar and his impact on Medellín.
- Visit the urban conflict investigation center downtown “Casa de la Memoria”.
- Obtain a deeper understanding of the unique history of Medellín and its transformation and the ambitious urban planning that transforms the city of Medellín.
Back in the early 1990s, Medellín was considered the most dangerous city in the world. Pablo Escobar and the “Cartel of Medellín” controlled vast parts of the international cocaine traffic. Thus, the reign of “El Patrón” came to its end and just a few years later Medellín began to change when local politicians started to invest heavily in infrastructure and public education. Nevertheless, the transformation of Medellín is an ongoing process of impressive social and urban change you witness on this tour.
Get to know the new memorial park of the dark years of Pablo Escobar, “Parque Conmemorativo Inflexión”, built on one of his former properties, and honor the countless victims. Explore the “Casa de la Memoria” - an urban conflict investigation centre – that offers exclusive insights into the controversial part of the city’s recent history - nowadays a place of hope and a landmark of social transformation. Your private expert guide provides insider information on the historical dimension of the phenomenon of Pablo Escobar and you will obtain a deeper understanding of the unique history of Medellín and the uniqueness of its transformation. Join us on an exciting tour through the history and present of Medellín and learn more about the transformation of this fascinating metropolis.
- Travel insurance
- Pick-up & Drop-off from your accommodation (in private transport) *
- Private expert guide (English or Spanish)
- Guided visit of the “Parque de Inflexión”
- Guided visit of the “Casa de la Memoria”
- Bottle of water (350 ml)
* When choosing public transportation, the meeting point would be agreed with you through e-mail. When choosing private transportation, pick-up, and drop-off service out of the urban perimeter has an additional charge.
- Services not mentioned in the program
- Tips to driver/guide
- Alcoholic beverages
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: email@example.com
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price