- A Enjoy Colombian nightlife in a different way
- Get to know “Tejo” the “most explosive” of Colombian games
- Learn about the cultural context of “Tejo” and its pre-Colombian origin
- Celebrate and interact with locals
- Enjoy the atmosphere at the local “Fondas” listening to typical Colombian music
- Try different types of snacks and drinks
This tour combines two authentic local activities full of fun, local culture, and traditions.
First, you enjoy the “Tejo” game – probably the most traditional game in Colombian culture. Its origin is pre-Colombian as the native indigenous used to play “Tejo ” as a ritual long before the Spaniards arrival in the 16th century. Back in the days the natives played it with discs made of gold and competed according to the legend for the love of a woman. One had to throw a golden disc as close as possible into a golden ring located at a certain distance. As it is the game with the longest tradition in Colombia it has become a national sport nowadays. The “Tejo” game today includes gunpowder and usually, a lot of beer, and the modern discs (tejo) are made of metal. The ring is located in a corner filled with clay and is decorated with papers filled with gunpowder – this makes it the most explosive and funny game in Colombia.
Experience this perfect way to get closer to Colombian culture while drinking a few beers and having a lot of fun.
Afterwards experience the most traditional nightlife experience in the valley of Medellín, visiting the so-called “Fondas” – local bars with exotic decoration and typical Colombian music, located in the suburbs of the city. The decoration of common artifacts, traditional appliances, paintings, and religious icons reflects the cultural heritage of the so-called Paisa Culture. Back in the days, the “Fondas” were traditional shops throughout the Andean mountains around Medellín where the farmer stopped to take a break with their mules and horses to enjoy the typical “Aguardiente” liquor. Nowadays the “Fonda” is a very popular place for the entertainment of the locals.
Experience this authentic part of local Paisa culture at several local “Fondas” where you try traditional food and drinks while listening to typical Colombian music. This activity is the perfect mix of fun and culture and you will get to know a different part of the local culture and traditions.
- Travel insurance
- Private transport (Pick-up & Drop-off service at the accommodation)
- Private expert guide (English or Spanish)
- Introduction of “Tejo” – History, origin and cultural importance in Colombia
- Visit of 2 traditional Fondas
- 3 shots of Colombian Rum or Aguardiente per person
- 3 beers (local brand) or soft drinks per person
- Street food in Sabaneta
- Palenque Social Impact
- Services not mentioned in the programm
- Tips to driver / guide
- Alcoholic beverages
Information for the client
- Phone: +57 (4) 312 89 65
- EMail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Payment when booking
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Contact us by phone to cancel or ask about a cancellation. If you do not show up, you will be charged the full price